This web site’s header says “help Glenn” and “cure cancer.” This community may be helping accomplish both things by sending Glenn Lightner to Belgium for immunotherapy, which is considered experimental in the US.
In recent days, the power and promise of this anti-cancer therapy is all over the news:
- Training immune system to fight cancer comes of age, 5/7/12, Fox News
- Training Immune System to fight cancer comes of age, 5/14/12, Business Recorder
- Breakthrough in immunotherapy could cure cancer, 5/7/12, Firstpost
- Penn State Working to Personalize Immunotherapy for Pediatric Brain Cancer, 4/18/12, Genomeweb.com
- NY’s Cancer Research Institute Looks to Boost Cancer Immunotherapy, 5/9/12, Xconomy
We may all owe a debt of gratitude to Glenn and the Lighter family for helping move the world forward in this promising search for a cure.